Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What to post, what to post?

The last little bit, I've been thinking about what I wanted to use this blog for. I wanted a way to share things that I've learned that aren't directly related to my "recipes" blog. It's been fun to watch as our blog website has transformed over the last few weeks.

Trevor has wrote a few really good posts for I'm a Mormon blog, which has drove quite a bit of traffic to our blog. We aren't out to make money or become popular with our blogs. I started our blogs, really as a way to keep an online journal. A place to keep recipes without having to dig in some dusty cookbook. I am not as big a fan of Facebook as I use to be. I'm tired of all the junk and adds. On our blog, I can post anything I want, without all the extra junk on the website.

I'm 20 years old, Trevor and I will be celebrating our big Six Month anniversary tomorrow. (Crazy how time flys). I see all the awesome mom blogs out there, and love them. So, I decided to start my "mom" blog a bit early. No, we are not expecting. But, we do see our blog site as a good way to share what's going on about us, share our beliefs, our dreams and discoveries.

That's what I've decided I want this blog page to be about. Trevor and I are young, we have huge dreams, and we are learning new things every day. I have dreams about being self sufficient. I don't want to rely on anyone or anything for survival. I'm discovering new ways to rely less on the grocery store and save money and be frugal. I'm discovering ways to be more healthy. I've discovered that yoga is awesome! After my yoga session today, I understand what all they hype is about. It's fun and all the benefits that they claim are real.

Trevor and I are also in college, therefore we are learning a ton in that regard as well. I'm studying accounting. Trevor is studying civil engineering. There are cool things we are learning there. I'm also thinking over the idea of filling in my gaps of knowledge from my less than impressive high school experience. It's important to be well rounded, but fun and curious as well.

So this blog, I don't quite know what it'll turn out to be, but that's the fun of dreams and discoveries.

- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment